Saturday 17 May 2008

the hoptrot adventure trail


a spiraling route outwards.. and back inwards...
from inner, intimate, intensive spaces of specialized energy and effort
outwards - through boundaries of the known into the wild, free places, into change
to gather, learn, and bring back to the nest where bodies feed, brains buzz, and life breeds.

starting in the bed - from sleep (dreamy rest nest) -coming out of dreams
into the routines of early morning - breathing, stretching, moving...
into the kitchen, hot beverage and first food for the waking stomach
hot porridge and bananas, yogurt and meusli, fried grains and egg
proteins and vitamins
water, movement, breathing, prayer

work of the day
nurturing, nursing, operating, crafting, experimenting
spying, observing, improvising...

and a break as the morning prepares for the day's zenith -
pause for breath - refuel, carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, minerals
fuel for a fully functional brain and body
to charge for the climax

round two - make it count
creating magic that flows out into the world
consolidating, wrapping, tying the loose ends
harvest the fruit of the day's effort
filling the basket with treasures and wholesome tidbits

returning home
making the communion
giving thanx
dusting the tracks, cleaning the pipes, wiping the counter
reset for the next day to come

log the highlights,
build small monuments of highlight memories
cut and paste the best scraps left over
into a treasured book
next to the pillow...

where i lay my head down for the dream adventure
where i will hoptrot through all these elements
that saturates my life's daily cycle.

on this spiraling route through life's functions
i pass through different dimensions of a simple existence:
the processes of my health, my psyche
processes of my intimacy, my family communion
the process of my craft, my art, my passion, my service
patterns of social transaction, human interplay
the alchemy of my mind, the changing flow of my essence

and i want to pass through all these places
as a dancing explorer
on a fascinating spiraling labyrinth trail.

No comments: